Beef and Guinness Pie is a traditional Irish dish, serve the mix on its own as a stew, or in pastry as a pie. Freezes well too!
Beef Recipes Beef Recipes, Recipes, Slowcooker Recipes,
time neededprep cook
rating (click to rate)
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
1196kJ 11.7g 4.47g 2.62g 18.8g 5.4g 1.41g 1577mg
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 Onion chopped
- 2 tsp Garlic crushed
- 1/4 cup Flour plain
- 1 cup Beef Stock
- 1 cup Guinness Beer
- 1 Puff Pastry sheet
- 1 Salt to taste
- 1 Pepper to taste
- 1kg gram Gravy Beef
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Cut the Gravy Beef into bite sized cubes.
- Heat the butter in a pot and cook the onion until soft and golden.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Remove the mix from the fry pan.
- Reheat the pot and brown the meat in batches.
- Add all the meat back into the pot and add the flour, stir until all the meat is coated well.
- Add the beef stock and Guinness and stir until the mixture forms a thick smooth sauce.
- Add the beef and heat until simmering.
- Add the onions and garlic, and the carrots.
- Place a lid on the pot and simmer gently for 1 and a half hours stirring occasionally.
- Close to serving time, take the lid off and simmer so it reduces and thickens.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Pour the mixture into a pie dish and spread so it is even.
- Place a sheet of puff pastry on top and cook until golden.
- Serve the beef and guinness pie with mashed potato and a pint!
- Frugal Living
- Frugal Living