Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Cut the Gravy Beef into bite sized cubes.
- Heat the butter in a pot and cook the onion until soft and golden.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Remove the mix from the fry pan.
- Reheat the pot and brown the meat in batches.
- Add all the meat back into the pot and add the flour, stir until all the meat is coated well.
- Add the beef stock and Guinness and stir until the mixture forms a thick smooth sauce.
- Add the beef and heat until simmering.
- Add the onions and garlic, and the carrots.
- Place a lid on the pot and simmer gently for 1 and a half hours stirring occasionally.
- Close to serving time, take the lid off and simmer so it reduces and thickens.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Pour the mixture into a pie dish and spread so it is even.
- Place a sheet of puff pastry on top and cook until golden.
- Serve the beef and guinness pie with mashed potato and a pint!