Healthy, warm soups don’t get much better than this Cauliflower Chickpea Soup.
Light in flavour but packed with healthy vegetables and legume goodness – this is one soup you won’t ever regret making! Cauliflower Chickpea Soup is definitely a must-try! Perfect to warm you up and satisfying, too.
We love that the pre-roasting of the vegetables allows all of the flavours to come out, and makes this a relatively hands-off meal. Also, this looks just like potato soup, so if you’ve got fussy eaters, just let them think that!
This is super easy to make and serves 6 people. Don’t hesitate and prepare the ingredients now!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 large Head Cauliflower
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 4 Cloves Of Garlic
- 1 Chickpeas (400 Grams) rinsed, drained
- 2 Medium-sized Potatoes peeled, cubed
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Dried Thyme
- 4 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 cup Cream
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees and prepare a large baking sheet.
- Toss the cauliflower florets, chickpeas, whole garlic gloves, cumin, red pepper flakes and dried thyme in 3 tbs of olive oil. Spread over the baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes, flipping/stirring at the 15-minute mark.
- While this is roasting, heat the rest of the olive oil in a large, heavy-based pot on a medium heat. Add the potatoes and the salt and pepper and cook, stirring regularly.
- To the pot, add the vegetable broth along with 1 cup of water. Bring to the boil and then turn the heat down to a simmer. Continue to simmer until potatoes are soft, 15-20 mins depending on how big your cubes are.
- Take the pot off the heat and stir through the cauliflower mix. Puree the soup using a blender (in batches) or an immersion blender. Once pureed, put the soup back into the pot and stir through the cream.