Cheesy Broccoli Pasta Bake
When money is tight we need to have a few key recipes up our sleeves to stretch the grocery budget, and this Cheesy Broccoli Pasta Bake is one of them. Easy pasta and some basic vegetables pair with a bit of cheese for a satisfying, but simple family dinner that is meat-free but full of flavour. We love that this recipe can be chopped and changed depending on what’s in your vegetable crisper, so don’t be afraid to add something different and take advantage of produce on special.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Broccoli heads
- Vegetable stock powder
- 200 grams Pasta spirals or penne
- 1 Broccoli Heads 300+gms
- 1 tsp Vegetable Stock Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Mustard
- 2/3 cup Sour Cream
- 2 tsp Mixed Herbs
- 150 grams Cheddar
- 50 grams Mozzarella
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Boil the pasta and broccoli stalk in a large pot along with 1/2 tsp stock. Cook for around 7 minutes, then add the broccoli florets and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Drain the pasta, deserving about 1 2/3 cup of the water. Set pasta and broccoli aside.
- Pop the reserved water back on the pan and dissolve the rest of the stock. Then whisk through the mustard, herbs and sour cream, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir this sauce through the drained pasta and broccoli, and mix through half of the cheddar cheese.
- Pour the pasta and sauce mixture into an ovenproof dish and top with the rest of the cheddar and some mozzarella.
- Bake for 15 minutes in an oven preheated to 180 degrees, and then grill for a further 5 minutes or so if desired to brown the cheese.