Did somebody say Chicken Cordon Bleu? Because I’m here for it!!!
Chicken Cordon Bleu is essentially a chicken breast stuffed with ham and cheese, rolled in fresh breadcrumbs and baked until golden. It is a family favourite – everyone loves it! Our homemade version is messy, but it is so delicious you’ll never buy shop-bought again! Yes, believe it or not, I’m not joking – this is so delicious! This is a recipe that you must familiarise because it’s such a hassle to be clueless about cooking Chicken Cordon Bleu whenever your kids or your hubby ask for it. It’s worth all the clutter!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 4 large Chicken Breasts skin off
- 4 tsp Garlic crushed
- 4 Cheese (tasty)
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs you can use pre-made, but fresh is best.
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Salt dash
- 1 Pepper dash
- 1 large Egg
- 8 Ham
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Using a very sharp knife, cut the chicken breasts in half length ways without cutting the whole way through.
- Spoon the garlic over the open chicken breasts until all used.
- Place a slice of ham on each of the halves, and add a slice of cheese to each chicken breast.
- Gently close the chicken breast tucking the contents in as much as possible. If they keep peeking out, secure the breast piece with a toothpick or two.
- In a shallow bowl, beat the egg and add the milk and mix well.
- Set up a flat plate for the breadcrumbs and season them well with salt and pepper.
- Delicately roll the chicken piece in the egg wash, then thoroughly cover in breadcrumbs.
- Place the breaded chicken onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Finish all four pieces and space them out well on the baking tray.
- Bake for 35 - 45 minutes (depending on size of chicken breast) until golden and cooked through.
- Serve the chicken cordon bleu with a salad or steamed vegetables and a baked potato.