|Receive SAHM articles like this Daily|
|Receive SAHM articles like this Weekly|
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 Milk 1 cup, dairy or plant based, unsweetened
- 1/2 Coconut Milk half cup
- 1 Quinoa 1 cup, white, uncooked
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract or other vanilla flavour, to taste
- 3 tbsp Honey maple syrup can also be used
- 1/2 cup Hazelnuts
- 1/2 Pecans half cup
- .3 cup Coconut Shredded
- .3 cup Chocolate Bits dark or milk
- Rinse the quinoa well using a fine mesh strainer. This washes off the 'bitterness' of the grain and ensures you can pick out any discoloured pieces in the quinoa.
- Place a medium saucepan on a medium heat. Warm up the saucepan, and once it's hot add the rinsed and drained quinoa. Toast it for a few minutes, during up the excess water.
- Add the milk and coconut milk, stirring into the grain. Bring to a boil on a high heat, then reduce to low and cook for 20-25 minutes, uncovered, stirring now and then. If simmering stops, increase heat slightly. The mixture should be slightly simmering throughout the entire process.
- Once all of the liquid has been absorbed and the quinoa is tender take it off the heat and add in the cocoa powder, the honey and the vanilla. Taste and adjust the flavour to your preference. You can also add more milk if you want the mixture to be runnier.
- Serve up in bowls and top with coconut, pecan, hazelnut and chopped chocolate pieces.