I’ve been making this Original Clinker Slice version since the 1980s.
The Original Clinker Slice is not as sweet as something like the Mars Bar Slice, but is lovely and colourful, and brings back so many memories. You can still buy them from Woollies in the Lollie section (you just have to hunt around a bit)
Want more reasons to love the original clinker slice recipe? This one combines the best of slices with clinkers, it’s easy to make, pretty to look at and super duper delicious! Serve this one at school fetes and fairs and you’ll get sold out. It’s a must try recipe I swear.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 250 grams Packet Of Malt O Milk Biscuits
- 200 grams Clinkers
- 1 cup Condensed Milk
- 125 grams Butter
- 200 grams Chocolate Melts
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Place biscuits and clinkers in a food processor and blend until small chunky pieces.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter and condensed milk over low heat, stirring constantly for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and pour straight into clinker mix and stir through until well coated.
- Line a slice tray with baking paper and press clinker mix into a tin. Melt chocolate in a bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds then stir if needed melt again for 15 seconds stirring again until chocolate melts.
- Pour over clinker mix in slice tray, spread evenly using the back of a metal dessert spoon.
- Place in fridge to set for 2 hours. Slice into squares and serve.