Colourful Jelly Cookies are perfect for spring or summer. The kids will love the vibrant colours. It comes in different flavours, too!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 1/2 cups Unsalted Butter softened
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 3/4 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate Soda
- 1/4 tsp Cream Of Tartar
- 4 Packages Jelly Crystals
- 1 small Food Colouring optional
- Cream together butter and sugar with a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Mix in egg and vanilla. Mix baking powder, bicarb soda and cream of tartar. Add flour slowly.
- Now, separate the dough into four mixing bowls.
- Sprinkle two tablespoons of jelly crystals on the cookie dough (only one flavour per bowl).
- Using your hand fold and mix or even knead the jello until all is combined and the colour is solid throughout.
- Add a few drops of food colouring in -- or more if you'd like the colour to be more vibrant.
- Scoop 1 tbsp sized amount of cookie dough, roll onto a biscuit tray lined with baking paper. Do the same for the rest of the dough.
- Press down and flatten with the back of a spoon.
- Chill the dough at least 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Bake for 9 minutes. Then remove. Now, have a bite! Make sure it's not too hot, though. Let it cool for a few minutes and then serve.