Colourful Jelly Cookies are perfect for spring or summer. The kids will love the vibrant colours. It comes in different flavours, too!
time neededprep cook
rating (click to rate)
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 1/2 cups Unsalted Butter softened
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 3/4 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate Soda
- 1/4 tsp Cream Of Tartar
- 4 Packages Jelly Crystals
- 1 small Food Colouring optional
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Cream together butter and sugar with a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Mix in egg and vanilla. Mix baking powder, bicarb soda and cream of tartar. Add flour slowly.
- Now, separate the dough into four mixing bowls.
- Sprinkle two tablespoons of jelly crystals on the cookie dough (only one flavour per bowl).
- Using your hand fold and mix or even knead the jello until all is combined and the colour is solid throughout.
- Add a few drops of food colouring in -- or more if you'd like the colour to be more vibrant.
- Scoop 1 tbsp sized amount of cookie dough, roll onto a biscuit tray lined with baking paper. Do the same for the rest of the dough.
- Press down and flatten with the back of a spoon.
- Chill the dough at least 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Bake for 9 minutes. Then remove. Now, have a bite! Make sure it's not too hot, though. Let it cool for a few minutes and then serve.