If you haven’t caught up by now, we love everything wrapped in puff pastry and this Creamy Chicken and Leek Pastries is just another delicious one of those recipes.
Crunchy on the outside, creamy on the inside.
So lovely and easy to make!
time neededprep cook
rating (click to rate)
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Chicken Thigh or Breast, diced
- 600 grams Chicken Thigh Or Breast, Diced
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 1 tbsp Salt And Pepper
- 1 tbsp Dried Thyme
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup Cream
- 1/4 cup Cream Cheese
- 1 tbsp Fresh Thyme Or Parsley, Roughly Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Crushed
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 3 Sheets Puff Pastry, Defrosted
- 1 Egg, Lightly Beaten
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds, Optional
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Combine flour, salt, pepper and dried thyme in a bag and add chicken. Toss to coat.
- Heat a non-stick frypan over low heat, add a drizzle of oil, butter, leek and a good pinch of salt and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add chicken pieces and fry for a few minutes, you may need to add another dash of olive oil or butter - you want to cook the rawness out of the flour.
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese and cream and combine well. Season with salt and pepper
- Add cheese mix, stock and fresh herbs to the pan and stir through.
- Turn the heat up to thicken the sauce, place in a bowl, and set aside to cool a little before placing in the fridge to chill.
- Cut each pastry square through the middle, divide the mix between pastry rectangles placing the mix on one end only, leaving a 1.5 cm around the edges.
- Fold the other side of the pastry over the top and crimp the edges with a fork.
- Fold the edges one more time and crimp again to ensure they don’t leak.
- Brush lightly with beaten egg and sprinkle over sesame seeds.
- Place on an oven tray and bake for 20 to 25 mins or until golden brown and crispy.