Here’s another must try – Donut French Toast.
I’m a sucker for a hot cinnamon donut, twist it with french toast and you have breakfast food…ok and lunch and dinner! Heck eat these all day long you won’t stop at one!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 12 Slices Of Bread we used light rye any bread will work
- 3 Egg
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 12 tsp Chocolate Cream Cheese Or Nutella
- 1/2 Punnet Strawberries diced
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Butter for cooking
1. Cut crust from bread and flatten with a rolling pin. Spread a teaspoon of chocolate spread (we used cream cheese) over each piece of bread. Place a tablespoon of chopped strawberries in the middle of each piece of bread and roll up.
2. Place cinnamon and sugar together in a rectangular container and mix well. Set aside.
3. Mix eggs and milk together. Preheat large frypan to a medium heat and place a tablespoon of butter in pan. Dip a bread roll up in the egg mix then straight to pan seam side down.
4. You can cook as many as you can fit in the pan at a time. Turning until all sides are golden brown.
5. Remove from frypan when golden brown and roll in cinnamon sugar. Serve with maple syrup and any left over strawberries.
Recipe Hints and Tips:
- Donut French Toast is not suitable for freezing and best served immediately.
Lydia is our gorgeous food editor and a ray of sunshine in the Stay at Home Mum kitchen. In between cooking and and trialing all our recipes you can find her photographing her work for Stay at Home Mum. She has 2 gorgeous children and a spunk of a husband who understands her passion for food.