Sometimes the best thing for a big sweet tooth is something small that hits the spot, just like these Frosty Chocolate Banana Bites.
They’re not only a hit with kids and adults alike, they’re super easy to make, meaning they’re kid-friendly for little cooks.
With no cooking, and lots of hands on ‘making’ these little treats are a great idea for getting kids involved in the kitchen. Feel free to mix things up a bit with the toppings, you can use anything from desiccated coconut to hundreds and thousands. Be creative!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave in 15 second bursts, stirring between each burst. When there are only a few lumps of chocolate left and the mix is warm, continue stirring until all the chocolate is melted. Set aside.
- Chop the bananas into 1.5-2.5cm pieces. How large you chop the bananas will impact how many bites you get from the recipe. We made around 20.
- Add the coconut oil to the chocolate and stir well to combine. The oil will help to make a thinner coat on your banana pieces.
- Using a fork, dip each piece of banana into the chocolate and then drop it into your bowl of chopped nuts.
- Lay each piece out on a tray covered in baking paper. Feel free to sprinkle additional toppings on as required.
- Freeze the chocolate covered banana pieces for at lease 6 hours, or overnight.
- Once they're solid, the bites can be moved into a freezer container, and will keep for up to three months. Eat them frozen, straight from the freezer.