I’m not much of a lover of beer. However, whenever I come across a recipe that has beer in it – I’m always enticed to try it! Just take a look at this Honey Beer Bread! Honey Beer Bread is…
I’m not much of a lover of beer. However, whenever I come across a recipe that has beer in it – I’m always enticed to try it! Just take a look at this Honey Beer Bread!
Honey Beer Bread is very much like a yeasty banana bread – without the banana. It is moist, heavy and delicious served steaming hot with a great big slab of butter.
You can use any beer you like. I used a Corona in this recipe because dad left some in my fridge last Christmas.
If you substitute the butter for Nuttelex, you will have an egg-free and dairy-free cake!
If you don’t want to get drunk because of beer, then this is a good way to consume it!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Bottle of beer
- 2 1/2 cups Plain Flour
- 2 tbsp Caster Sugar
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 4 tbsp Butter melted
- 4 tbsp Honey
- 1 Bottle Of Beer (12oz)
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and grease a loaf tin well.
- Sift together the flour, caster sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Melt the butter and set it aside to cool down.
- Spray a tablespoon with a little canola oil and measure out your honey into the flour mix (the canola oil helps you get the right amount of honey - the honey will slide right off!).
- Pour in the cooled melted butter and start to whisk the mixture whilst adding the beer.
- Mix until all combined.
- The mixture will be quite wet.
- Pour into the loaf tin and bake for 45 - 50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow the honey beer bread to cool for a few minutes in the tin before tipping out onto a cake rack.
- Cut into slices whilst still warm and enjoy with butter and a hot cup of tea!
- bread recipe
- bread recipe