How to Make Dehydrated Banana Chips at Home
Sure, you can buy dehydrated banana chips from the supermarket, but they are quite expensive, and do you really know what’s in them? But are really easy to make at home – particularly if you own a dehydrator (and if you don’t – you should look at getting one – they are just amazing!).
Dehydrated Banana Chips are a delicious addition to add to school lunches, or just a healthy snack to grab during the day for both kids and grown ups!
We love this Sunbeam Food Lab Electronic Dehydrator!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 2 Bananas
- 2 Lemons (juiced)
More Easy Recipes
Love This Recipe, Grab Jody’s BookALL-NEW RECIPES TO FEED YOUR FAMILY OF FOUR FOR ONLY $50 A WEEK
How to Make Dehydrated Banana Chips at Home:
- Preheat the oven to 120 degrees. Like a large baking tray with baking paper and set it aside.
- Juice the lemons and strain into a bowl.
- Slice the bananas into thin but even slices.
- Dip each slice of banana into the lemon juice and lay them evenly on the baking tray ensuring they are spaced apart.
- Baking for 3 hours, ensuring you turn over the banana chips half way through the cooking process.
- Allow to cool totally. Keep in a sealed air-tight container for up to a month.