Huevos Rancheros: The Ultimate Breakfast Pizza
Huevos Rancheros is a beautiful egg dish and is a famous Latin-American style recipe which makes for a great brunch. For added ‘fire’ add some finely sliced red chilies, some salty feta cheese and some fresh avocado.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Heat half the olive oil in a frying pan and cook the onion, capsicum and garlic seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Cook gently until soft.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer until the mixture thickens.
- Add the Tabasco sauce.
- Make four 'holes' in the sauce.
- Break an egg into a cup and gently pour the egg into the holes.
- Cover the frypan with a lid and cook for 3 - 4 minutes or until the eggs are just set.
- In another frypan heat the remaining oil and fry the tortillas until warm and crisp.
- Place one or two tortillas on a plate and use an egg flip to lift the eggs and surrounding sauce onto the tortilla.