How to Make Shortcrust Pastry
Making Shortcrust Pastry at home isn’t hard – and it tastes great. If you have a food processor at home, you can make this recipe in bulk and freeze it so you can grab it out whenever you need it!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- 200 grams Plain Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 100 grams Butter
- 2 tbsp Water ice cold
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Place the flour and salt in a food processor.
- Add the butter and process for 10 seconds or until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Transfer the mix to a bowl and add the iced water little by little mixing with a blunt edged knife until the dough just comes together (don't over process).
- Lightly knead the dough into a smooth ball.
- Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to rest - then roll out and use as required.
To Blind Bake:
- Roll out pastry to fit your pie dish and lay it down carefully and trim as required.
- Grab a piece of baking paper and totally cover the pastry, getting right down into the corners.
- Fill the pie dish with uncooked rice and bake for about 20 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Take pastry out of the oven and remove the rice and baking paper, brush some egg yolk on the pastry to give it a lovely finish and pop back in to finish browning - about 5 minutes.
- Store the rice for use next time (don't eat it).