This recipe is brought to you in collaboration with Woolworths Make Bacon and Egg Pie with Mum this Mother’s Day! Mother’s Day is coming up – but this year, things are going to be different. Because we are all in isolation. My…
This recipe is brought to you in collaboration with Woolworths
Make Bacon and Egg Pie with Mum this Mother’s Day!
Mother’s Day is coming up – but this year, things are going to be different. Because we are all in isolation.
My Dad is immuno-compromised – so even though Mumma Bear lives pretty close to me, we can’t go and visit them.
So this year, we thought we’d do what we always do for Mother’s Day – cook together – but we did it online.
And it was pretty good fun! We both cooked our own versions of Bacon and Egg Pie – Mum’s recipe that I’ve eaten all my life and now I make it for my boys!
Mum makes her version with chopped mushrooms and capsicum. I make my version plain – I’m all about simple and easy- plus my boys would just pick out mushrooms.
This Mother’s Day – don’t miss out on that special time with Mum – just try something a little different!
For more inspiration head to the Woolworths website.
Choose a recipe that you enjoy cooking together, zip down to Woolworths to grab your ingredients, then use a video call to cook together.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 6 Eggs
- 500 grams Bacon diced
- 2 Sheets Of Puff Pastry
- 1 Onion diced finely
- 1 cup Cheese grated
- 1 375 Millilitre Evaporated Milk
How to Make Bacon and Egg Pie:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Spray a baking tray with canola oil. Line the baking tray with the pastry (overlapping slightly) making sure it has no holes and goes at least 2cm up the sides of the pan on all sides.
- Cut the bacon and onion up into small pieces and fry until almost crispy (if you have any other veggies to add - throw them in too so they are nice and cooked).
- Pour the cooked bacon and veggies into the bottom of the pastry and spread it around evenly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and evaporated milk, season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture carefully into the baking tray. Spread the grated cheese on top and pop in the oven for approximately 30 minutes or until set and golden on top.