This Microwave Christmas Pudding is just the perfect dessert for when you’re scrambling through the kitchen and ain’t nobody got time to make dessert!
I love my microwave, but finding good recipes for it is really hard now – most of the books are pretty outdated!
Here is a super fast Microwave Christmas Pudding, because Christmas is busy enough!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 500 grams Mixed Dried Fruit
- 100 grams Dates de-seeded
- 100 grams Prunes de-seeded
- 150 grams Butter
- 1 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate Of Soda
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Marmalade
- 1/4 cup Brandy (or golden syrup for an alcohol free version)
- 2 tsp Mixed Spice
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 cup Plain Wholemeal Flour
- 1 cup Self Raising Wholemeal Flour
- 1 cup Custard to serve
- 1 Pack Mint Leaves And Glacè Cherries To Decorate
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Grease a microwave proof pudding bowl or a deep noodle bowl or similar with butter or spray canola oil until well greased.
- In another microwave-proof bowl, add the dried fruit, dates, prunes, butter and 1/2 cup of water.
- Microwave on high for two minutes or until butter has melted and the mixture is heated through.
- Stir in the bicarbonate of soda and side aside to cool.
- Add the sugar, eggs, marmalade, spices and sifted flours to the fruit mixture and fold until combined.
- Pour into the greased bowl and smooth the top.
- Fold a piece of baking paper over the pudding and secure with string.
- Microwave on 30% for 25 minutes.
- Remove the baking paper and pour the brandy or golden syrup over the top.
- Stand for 15 minutes before carefully pouring out into a plate.
- Serve with custard.