If you’re looking for the perfect lunchbox snack, you need look no further than these Mini Chicken & Capsicum Quiches. They are very simple, made-in-a-muffin-pan quiches that can be whipped up in less than 30 minutes (with no distractions of course). Best of all they’re very customisable, and it’s easy to change them up depending on what you have in the fridge.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Shortcrust pastry sheets
- 5 Eggs
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 200 grams Chicken Mince
- 1 Onion diced
- 3/4 cup Capsicum color of your choice, finely diced
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 3 Shortcrust Pastry Sheets or more depending on the size of your muffin pan
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese grated
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and prepare a 12-hole average sized muffin pan by greasing it.
- In a pan on a medium-high heat put the olive oil. Once warm, add the onion and cook for a few minutes, until translucent. Then add the chicken mince and cook thoroughly. To this add the diced capsicum and cook for a few minutes until warm and starting to soften. Leave off the heat to cool.
- In a bowl mix together the eggs and milk, along with half of the cheese, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Defrost pastry on the counter. Using some kind of pastry cutter, which matches or closely matches your muffin pan, cut out circles of pastry and press them into the muffin holes.
- Evenly divide the chicken/onion mixture among the pastry-lined muffin holes. Then pour the liquid mixture on top, also dividing it evenly. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until set and golden brown.