Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1/2 Butter 1/2 cup
- 1 1/4 cup White Sugar
- 2 Eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup Yoghurt plain- unsweetened
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Lemon Zest grated
- 2 1/2 cups Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Bicarb Soda
- 1 cup Yoghurt plain, low-fat, (optional)
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Icing (optional)
- 2 tsp Lemon Zest
More Easy Recipes
Love This Recipe, Grab Jody’s BookALL-NEW RECIPES TO FEED YOUR FAMILY OF FOUR FOR ONLY $50 A WEEK
- Preheat oven to 180 °C. Spray 6 large muffin tins with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter and 1 cup of the sugar. Beat until light and creamy. Gradually add the eggs while you continue to mix. Stir in the yogurt, 1/4 cup of the lemon juice, and 2 tsp lemon zest.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Add into the liquid mix and combine well.
- Pour the mixture into the muffin tins and bake for 20-25 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
- While the cakes are baking, slowly heat the water, remaining sugar, and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Keep stirring! Make sure that the sugar has fully dissolved, then add the remaining lemon zest and simmer for another few minutes.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and pour the zest and syrup over the top while the cake is hot and still in the tin. Let it cool for a few minutes.
- Drizzle with vanilla icing and serve with extra yogurt if desired. Enjoy!