Is a Steak Really a Steak if It Isn’t Smothered in Rich Mushroom Gravy? I think not. Mushroom Gravy is just the bomb-diggity on steak, it’s good on chicken, probably not so much on fish (ewwww). This is how to…
Is a Steak Really a Steak if It Isn’t Smothered in Rich Mushroom Gravy?
I think not. Mushroom Gravy is just the bomb-diggity on steak, it’s good on chicken, probably not so much on fish (ewwww). This is how to make mushroom gravy from scratch – it makes about two cups which is plenty for a family of four – make more if you love gravy!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 1 tbsp Hot Water
- 50 grams Butter
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 100 grams Button Mushrooms
- 2 Garlic Cloves peeled and crushed
- 1 Fresh Thyme, Leaves Removed
- 1 tsp Parisian Browning Essence, Optional
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
How to Make Rich Mushroom Gravy:
- Melt the butter and oil in a medium-sized saucepan until bubbling.
- Add mushrooms, garlic, dried thyme, salt and pepper and cook until the mushrooms soften
- Add the Worcestershire sauce
- Mix the flour with hot water and add to the pan along with the fresh thyme, Parisian browning essence and cook for 5 mins or until it thickens slightly.