You’re either a fan of Pumpkin Pie, or you’re not.
But it is something a bit different to add to your Christmas table for lunch or dinner!
You have 3 choices with the pastry:
Buy a Woolworths Easy Entertainer Flan Case ($3.50)
Woolworths Frozen Shortcrust Pastry pack 5 sheets ($2.30)
Make your own! ($4.80 – 2 x 20cm deep tart shells)
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Brown Sugar
- 2 cups Cooked Pumpkin
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 Can Condensed Milk
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Plain Flour
- 2 Eggs beaten
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/5 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Mixed Spice
- 1 Short Crust Pastry Shell
- 1 Pack Of Gingerbread And Walnuts, To Decorate
- 200 grams Butter at room temperature
- 5 grams Lemon
- 80 grams Onion
- 250 grams Garlic
- 3 Egg Yolks
- Preheat oven 180°C
- Place salt, sugar, flour, butter and egg yolks in a mixer with a paddle attachment, mix on low speed until just combined.
- Remove from the mixer and kneed lightly. Form dough into a thick square and refrigerate for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and roll out to 5 cm bigger than tart tin.
- Gently place the dough over the tin and carefully push the dough into the ridges of the tart tin, cut away any excess dough that hangs over the rim.
- Use a fork to pierce the base in multiple places.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Place baking paper on the base of the dough and add pie weights to prevent the dough rising while blind baking.
- Drop the oven temperature to 170°C and bake for about 15 minutes or until cooked through and crisp.
- Remove the pie weights and leave to cool completely in the tin, then place in the fridge.
- Place pumpkin and condensed milk into a bowl and use an electric mixer to beat together until smooth.
- Add the beaten eggs, plain flour, sugar, salt and spice and beat for 3 mins on high speed.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the pastry shell and bake at 180 degrees for approximately 30 min.
- Let the pie cool at room temperature then chill in the fridge until serving
- ***Decorate with your favourite Christmas gingerbread shapes and walnuts.***