Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 Brown Onion finely diced
- 1 tsp Crushed Garlic
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 3 cups Beef Stock (vegetable stock for a vegetarian version)
- 1/3 gram Penne Pasta
- 2 Bacon Rashers chopped finely (omit for vegetarian version)
- 1 Celery Stalk including leaves
- 1 Can Crushed Tomato
- 1 Red Kidney Beans can
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese for serving
- 2 tbsp Fresh Parsley finely chopped, for serving
- 1 Carrot peeled and chopped
- In a heavy based saucepan melt the butter until bubbling and add the onion, garlic and bacon.
- Stir until well cooked.
- Add the chopped celery and carrot and cook until caramelized.
- Stir in the can of tomatoes, drained kidney beans, beef stock and pasta.
- Simmer on low for 20 - 30 minutes or until reduced and the pasta is cooked through.
- Pour into bowls and top with the cheese and parsley.