Sausage and Potato One Tray Bake
I love a one-pan wonder or a tray bake. They’re fast to throw together and delicious.. like this Sausage and Potato One Tray Bake!
The secret to the perfect traybake is making sure everything will cook at the same time. Unless you plan to add to the tray partway through cooking, which is still super easy too, you just have to remember to do it!
Chicken and sausages are perfect for tray bakes! Any root veg and aromatics can go in at the same time, but if you plan to add greens (asparagus, beans, broccoli etc.) or cauliflower wait until the other ingredients are half cooked before you add them.
I’ve used a brilliant little Irish Chipolata in this recipe but you can use any sausage that takes your fancy!
NOTE: I prefer to cook these on a shallow oven tray or sheet pan so the hot air flows around the food and the potatoes and sausage skin crisp up, but you can cook it in a baking dish too.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 kg Sausages (any Sort You Like)
- 6 large Potatoes, Peeled And Cut Into Four - Six Pieces
- 3 Spanish Onions, Peeled And Cut Into Quarters
- 6 Garlic Cloves, Peeled And Crushed With The Back Of A Knife
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Fresh Thyme
- 2 tbsp Fresh Parsley (to Serve)
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
How to Make Sausage and Potato One Tray Bake:
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Place the sausages, potatoes, onions, garlic and thyme on an oven tray, drizzle over olive oil and toss to coat everything in oil, season with salt and pepper and bake for 20 mins.
- Turn everything over and pop back in the oven for another 25 – 30 mins or until everything is cooked through and beautifully burnished. Serve with a simple green salad – or a fancy one if you can be stuffed!