Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 cup Self Raising Flour
- 5 tbsp Butter (room temperature)
- Salt pinch
- 3/4 cup Cheese (cheddar) grated
Cheese Sauce Topping
- 1 1/2 tbsp Butter
- 1 cup Onion (grated) or 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp Plain Flour
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup Cheese (cheddar) grated
- 1 Egg separated
- Salt pinch
Tried Dinnerly instead?
All ingredients supplied, Cook Easy Meals for under $5.95 P/PExclusive SAHM Offer: $60 Off the first 3 meal boxes. Use code: C3MAMI20F at checkout.
Redeem this Offer
- Line a slice tin with baking paper and lightly spray with canola oil.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- To make the base, mix all the base ingredients together and add a little cold water.
- Use a butter knife to mix into a dough.
- Roll out the dough and press lightly into the slice tin.
- Set aside.
- To make the cheese sauce topping. Beat the single egg white with electric beaters for five minutes or until tripled in size.
- Melt the butter and grated onion or garlic in a small saucepan until bubbling.
- Add the plain flour and mix on low heat.
- Add the milk, cheese, salt and egg yolk and cook whilst whisking to form thick smooths sauce.
- Fold in the egg white and pour the cheese sauce topping over the biscuit base.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden on top.
- Serve hot or cold.