I was lucky enough to visit Italy last year, and to have real Italian Caprese Salad Bites. The Italians do have this nearly every day, and it is so refreshing. Even better if you grow your own basil and cherry tomatoes so that they are super fresh from the garden. Although the bocconcini isn’t as good here in Australia, there are some very nice versions – like Caprese Salad Bites! Enough to get your ‘Italian’ on!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 250 grams Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 gram Fresh Basil Leaves
- 250 grams Fresh Baby Bocconcini drained
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Try and choose cherry tomatoes that are about the same size as the baby bocconcini - if not, cut them in half - and this will allow the bite sized salads to stand up on their own.
- Slide onto the toothpicks the cheese, first, then the basil, finally the tomato. Keep refrigerated until they are required and serve with a small bowl of balsamic so you can dip them in as you eat them! Deliciously easy!