Simple Pumpkin Risotto
There is nothing better than a simple creamy risotto made with simple and frugal ingredients. Nothing fancy, just wholesome good food.
When choosing a pumpkin, go for the most bright deep orange colour you can find – this is the sign of a good, tasty and sweet pumpkin!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Pumpkin (peeled and diced)
- 3/4 kg Pumpkin (peeled And Diced)
- 3 1/2 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio Rice
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1 medium Brown Onion, Finely Diced
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1/4 cup Dry White Wine (or Substitute For Chicken Stock)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- Salt And Pepper To Taste
- 1 tsp Butter (extra)
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
How to Make Simple Pumpkin Risotto:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut the peeled pumpkin into 1cm square cubes and space them out on the baking paper.
- Add the garlic cloves - but don't peel them.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the pumpkin has started to brown.
- In a large saucepan, add the butter and heat until bubbling on medium heat.
- Add the diced onion and saute until soft.
- Square the garlic (it should just squeeze out of its skin) into the pan.
- Add the Arborio Rice to the pan and stir to soak up the butter, onion and garlic mixture.
- Add the white wine and cook until the rice absorbs the liquid.
- Add the cooked pumpkin and the chicken stock. Reduce the heat to just simmering. Place the lid on the pan and cook for 25 minutes or until the rice is cooked through.
- Turn off the heat and mix so the pumpkin breaks down totally.
- Add the parmesan cheese. Mix well to cream it up.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the remaining teaspoon of butter and stir well..
- Serve hot!