Spring Onion Pancakes are really simple to make. It’s perfect for yummy snacks and dinner on hump days! This one is also ideal for those who are watching their sugar intake. I stumbled across this little beauty from Collecting Memories and had to share! I like these with a little bit of cream cheese spread on top, then roll up a slice and inhale!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 2 cups Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Sesame Seed Oil
- 1 cup Water boiling
- 1 medium Spring Onion chopped, as many as you like
More Easy Recipes
Love This Recipe, Grab Jody’s BookALL-NEW RECIPES TO FEED YOUR FAMILY OF FOUR FOR ONLY $50 A WEEK
Using the food processor:
- Place flour in bowl of food processor. With food processor running, slowly drizzle in about 3/4 of boiling water and process the dough for about 15 seconds.
- Transfer the dough a floured surface and knead to form a smooth ball. Transfer dough to a bowl, cover with a damp towel or plastic wrap, and allow to rest for 30 minutes at room temperature. You can also leave it overnight in the fridge.
- Divide the dough into four pieces and roll each into a ball.
- Roll each ball out into a disk on a lightly floured surface. Using a pastry brush, paint a very thin layer of sesame oil over the top of each disk.
- Roll them up like a jelly roll, then twist roll into a tight spiral, tucking the end underneath.
- Flatten gently with your hand, then re-roll into a disk.
- Paint with another layer or sesame oil, sprinkle with 1/2 cup spring onions, and roll up like a jelly roll again.
- Twist into a spiral, flatten gently, and re-roll into a disk. Repeat steps two and three with remaining pancakes.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat and fry each pancake carefully until golden brown. Flip and fry the other side until it is also golden brown.
- Season with salt, cut into 6 wedges, and repeat the process.
Using wooden spoon and bowl:
- Instead of using the food processor, mix flour and salt in a large bowl..
- Stir in the boiling water and mix with a wooden spoon until the dough forms comes together.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the dough to a bowl and cover it for about 30 minutes or leave it in the fridge overnight.
- Proceed to do the remaining steps above.