Steak Normanby Beef Casserole
Steak Normanby is a recipe that has been handed down through the generations of my family. It is perfect for a big family dinner. It only uses basic, easy ingredients that everyone will have in their cupboard, and it is so delicious you’ll be mopping up the dregs with pieces of fresh bread.
The beef in this recipe is so tender and it just melts in your mouth!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Brown onions
- Bacon rashers
- 2 kg Gravy Beef Cut Into Bite Sized Pieces
- 3 large Brown Onions sliced into rings
- 1 tbsp Garlic crushed
- 3 Bacon Rashers thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Plain Flour
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 cup Beef Stock
- 2 tbsp White Vinegar
More Easy Recipes
Love This Recipe, Grab Jody’s BookALL-NEW RECIPES TO FEED YOUR FAMILY OF FOUR FOR ONLY $50 A WEEK
- Place the flour and sugar in a plastic bag together with the cubed meat and coat well.
- In a deep casserole dish, line the bottom with the 3/4 onion rings and sprinkle the crushed garlic over the top.
- Place the floured meat on top of that.
- In a jug mix together the sauces, vinegar and stock and pour carefully over the top of the meat.
- Then top with the bacon and remaining onion slices.
- Cover and cook for 2 to two and a half hours at 180 degrees.
- Take the lid off the last 10 minutes to crisp the bacon.