Tofu Spring Rolls can be a little bit fiddly to make but its so worth it in the end.
The tofu makes it a little different and interesting, but the result is so delicious!!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- 1 pkt Spring Roll Wrappers, thawed
- Place noodles in a large bowl.
- Cover with boiling water and set aside to soak for 5 minutes, until tender.
- Drain and cut into short lengths with scissors.
- Place into a large bowl with cabbage, carrot, tofu and shallots.
- Pour over combined soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce, ginger and sesame oil and toss to coat.
- Lay spring roll wrappers on a flat surface and cover with a tea towel to prevent drying out.
- Place one wrapper on a diagonal and spread 2 tablespoons of noodle mixture on lower half.
- Fold bottom corner up, then left and right corners over to snugly enclose filling and roll up.
- Brush top corner with a little egg wash and press firmly to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Heat oil in a wok or deep heavy-based saucepan on medium until just smoking or until a cube of bread sizzles on contact.
- Deep-fry spring rolls in batches until crisp and golden, about 4-5 minutes.
- Drain on paper towel. Serve immediately.