Upside Down Toffee Apple cake – is a fluffy and light moist cake topped with divine apple and cinnamon coated with toffee. It’ll get your taste buds excited and your mouth drooling.. this is your next afternoon tea!
Any cake can be such a hassle to make, not to mention all the dishwashing you gotta do afterward. Eek! If I’m right, you have to wash at least three pans later..ain’t nobody got time for that! That’s why I love this recipe, it’s easy, fast and convenient because of the DéLonghi MultiCuisine.
The all new DéLonghi MultiCuisine is an amazing cooking machine. It is a low oil fryer, multicooker and a grill in one! It also includes automatic programs!
As a mum, it’s a luxury to not have to spend too much time baking cakes and washing pans — and not have to stay in the kitchen the entire time. We love cakes, the kids love cake. But some days it is really exhausting! DéLonghi MultiCuisine is a great addition to my kitchen as the surround heating technology works to cook the meals in record time so there is less time spent cooking and there’s lots of room in the bowl for a family sized meal.
For this recipe, I only washed up a pan, two bowls and some cups. Amazing!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 5 Apples (we used pink lady granny smith is always good for cooking also)
- 2 tsp Cinnamon (to be sprinkled on apples see method)
- 1 1/2 cups Castor Sugar
- 300 grams Butter
- 7 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Cinnamon (for cake batter)
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder (yes tablespoon)
- 2/3 cup Almond Meal
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1 cup Sugar (additional for toffee)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Peel, thinly slice and core apples (use an apple slinky if you have one).
- Choose the pan without the paddle pin (this one is designed for static cooking), add some butter and layer the apples on the bottom of the DéLonghi MultiCuisine. This will create several layers. Top with cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a pan heat water and sugar for toffee, over a medium heat stirring consistently until sugar dissolves. When sugar has dissolved stop stirring then wait while it gently bubbles until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and pour over cinnamon and apples. Let it sit while making the cake batter.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar with electric beaters or mix master. Add eggs and beat for 1 minute or until combined.
- Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla and almond meal. Mix again until combined then add milk. Again, beat for approximately 1-2 minutes until mix is light and fluffy.
- Pour cake batter over toffee apple in the MultiCuisine.
- Close the lid, set the the cake program.
- Cook for 40 minutes
- Allow cake to set for 10 minutes.
- Remove the bowl.
- Place a plate on the top of the cake and turn cake upside down having the apple at the top.
- Toffee will slowly drip down the sides of the cake and set gooey on the top!