There isn’t much out there that is better than deep-fried doughnuts, except these Vanilla and Cranberry Baked Doughnuts course. They’re baked, so you don’t need to worry about messing about with oil or about the high fat content.
Instead you get a sweet vanilla flavour with the tang of cranberries and yoghurt, served warm and fresh direct from your oven. Simple, delicious, a sure-fire winner.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 2 cups Plain Flour
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Egg
- 1 cup Greek Yoghurt
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup Cranberries dried
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees, and prep an doughnut pan by lightly greasing it.
- In a bowl, using an electric mixer, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- In another bowl, bring together the eggs, vanilla, sugar and yoghurt. Stir through the oil.
- Add the bowl with the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not over-stir. To the add the dried cranberries.
- Spoon this batter into a lightly greased doughnut pan, ensuring that the holes are not more than 2/3 full to allow for rising.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, or until a skewer inserted to the middle comes out clean. Upend the doughnuts straight onto a wire rack to cool.
- Top with dusted icing sugar, or nothing at all, your choice!