Meatballs are fantastic, but if you’re embracing Meat-Free Monday for health or budget concerns you have to try these Vegetarian Chickpea Meatballs. They’re so flavour-filled, even meat eaters are going to love them.
We’re talking incredibly delicious and surprisingly cheap to make.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Drain the chickpeas and take off as many of the skins as you can. This isn’t necessarily, but it will make them a bit smoother in texture.
- Pop the chickpeas in a food processor and blend until they are in small chunks, or smooth to your liking. They can be totally smooth, but it’s not a must.
- Pour this mixture in a bowl and add the eggs, mixing until well incorporated.
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees.
- Now add everything else, mixing well to distribute. If your mix is too stick to roll, add some more breadcrumbs. If it is too dry, add a little more oil. The mixture should be easy to roll without cracking or too much stickiness.
- Roll the chickpea mixture into balls and lay on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, turning halfway. The ‘meatballs’ are done when the outside is gold and crispy.