Meat-free Mondays have been so awesome ever since I started making these Vegetarian Chickpea Meatballs. Yes. Meatballs are fantastic. I love them! BUT, if you’re embracing Meat-Free Mondays, if you’re going on a diet, on a budget or if you…
Meat-free Mondays have been so awesome ever since I started making these Vegetarian Chickpea Meatballs.
Yes. Meatballs are fantastic. I love them! BUT, if you’re embracing Meat-Free Mondays, if you’re going on a diet, on a budget or if you have special dietary needs/preferences, then try these Vegetarian Chickpea Meatballs. They’re super delicious. We’re talking increeeediblyyy delicious and surprisingly cheap to make.
You are definitely not going to regret learning this recipe!!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 2 cups Chickpea
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Dried Basil
- 1/2 tsp Dried Parsley
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper to taste
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Drain the chickpeas and take off as many of the skins as you can. This isn’t necessarily, but it will make them a bit smoother in texture.
- Pop the chickpeas in a food processor and blend until they are in small chunks, or smooth to your liking. They can be totally smooth, but it’s not a must.
- Pour this mixture in a bowl and add the eggs, mixing until well incorporated.
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees.
- Now add everything else, mixing well to distribute. If your mix is too stick to roll, add some more breadcrumbs. If it is too dry, add a little more oil. The mixture should be easy to roll without cracking or too much stickiness.
- Roll the chickpea mixture into balls and lay on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, turning halfway. The ‘meatballs’ are done when the outside is gold and crispy.