This Very Veggie Fried Rice recipe is chock full of vegetables.
In fact you can pretty much use any frozen vegetables you might have lurking in the back of the freezer, or any veggies in the fridge that you can grate up and add to this delicious and filling meal.
I like to use brown rice in my fried rice, it just adds loads more nutrients, plus brown rice is so nutty and delicious – I pretty much love it a whole lot more than white rice that tends to give me and millions of others upset tummies. Yes brown rice does take a bit more time to cook – but did you know that you can cook it in bulk and freeze it for later?
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1/2 Brown Onion, Diced Finely
- 1 cup Mixed Vegetables Of Your Choice (frozen Or Grated)
- 3 cups Brown Rice
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- 2 Eggs
- Cook the brown rice according to the directions. Drain, allow to cool slightly and set aside.
- Heat a frypan until hot. Add the minced garlic and diced onion, and cook for a few minutes until soft and fragrant.
- Add the grated or frozen vegetables and a few tablespoons of tap water. Place the lid on the frypan, and cook for 5 - 6 minutes or until the vegetables are just tender.
- Add the cooked brown rice and stir through.
- Move all the contents of the frypan to one side, and break the two eggs into the pan. Break the yolk and spread the egg and allow it to cook.
- Once the egg is cooked, stir it through the rest of the rice mixture.
- Take the Very Veggies Fried Rice off the heat, and stir in the soy sauce.
- Serves 4.