This Very Veggie Fried Rice recipe is chock full of vegetables.
In fact, you can pretty much use any frozen or fresh vegetables you might have lurking in the back of the freezer, or any veggies in the fridge that you can grate up and add to this delicious and filling meal.
I like to use brown rice in my fried rice, it just adds loads more nutrients, plus brown rice is so nutty and delicious – I pretty much love it a whole lot more than white rice that tends to give me and millions of others upset tummies. Yes brown rice does take a bit more time to cook – but did you know that you can cook it in bulk and freeze it for later?
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Grated ginger
- 1 Brown Onion, Diced Finely
- 2 cups Mixed Vegetables Of Your Choice (frozen Or Chopped Fresh Veggies)
- 2 cups Brown Or White Rice
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Grated Ginger
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Cook the brown rice according to the directions. Drain, allow to cool and refrigerate until cold.
- Heat a frypan until hot. Add the minced garlic, ginger and diced onion, and cook for a few minutes until soft and fragrant.
- Add the grated or frozen vegetables and fry until starting to soften.
- Add the cooked rice and stir through.
- Move all the contents of the frypan to one side, and break the two eggs into the pan. Break the yolk and spread the egg and allow it to cook.
- Once the egg is cooked, stir it through the rest of the rice mixture.
- Stir in the soy sauce.
- Serves 6-8.