Coconut Cream and Lemon Muffins are great as once in a while treats because they’re incredibly rich. Just as rich as say Oprah or Jerry Seinfeld. They taste scrumptious when warm! Ready to whip some little cups of sunshine?
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 Lemon
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Coconut Cream 400ml can light , well shaken
- 90 grams Butter roughly chopped
- 2 1/2 Cups Self Raising Flour
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees (180 for fan forced) then spray a 12 hole muffin tin well with cooking spray.
- Finely grate lemon rind to produce 1 tablespoon of zest. Juice the lemon to produce 1/4 cup of juice and set aside.
- Combine SR flour & chopped butter in a food processor. Process until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs then transfer to large bowl.
- Add white sugar and the lemon zest to a separate bowl and stir to combine, then add to the large bowl with butter and SR flour.
- Add the egg & coconut cream.
- Stir until just combined -- then add the lemon juice.. proceed to stir until combined.
- Divide mixture between the 12 holes of the muffin tin.
- Bake for 20 mins, or until just firm to the touch. Note that the addition of coconut cream the muffins will look quite light in colour but will still be cooked!