Whole Orange Cake with Lemon Drizzle Icing
Whole Orange Cake with Lemon Drizzle Icing is a delectable cake recipe that uses the entire orange (skin and all) for a truly rich orange cake! Perfect for serving with double cream. Because if you’re going to be bad, you may as well be really really bad!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 Orange
- 180 grams Butter Melted
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Sugar, Castor
- 1 1/2 cups Self Raising Flour
For Lemon Drizzle
- 2 tbsp Butter melted
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Icing Sugar (Sifted)
More Easy Recipes
Love This Recipe, Grab Jody’s BookALL-NEW RECIPES TO FEED YOUR FAMILY OF FOUR FOR ONLY $50 A WEEK
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Heat a saucepan full of water until boiling point. Add the orange (do not cut) and place the lid on the saucepan. Cook for one hour, then drain.
- Place the orange in a food processor, and process the orange until pureed.
- Fold in all the other ingredients.
- Pour mixture into a well grease round cake tin and bake for 40 minutes.
- While the cake is in the oven, make the lemon drizzle by stirring together the butter, lemon zest and icing sugar in a bowl until combined. Add the lemon juice and continue stirring until you have a smooth, liquid glaze that can be easily drizzled. Add more lemon juice if needed.