Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- 2 Oranges
- 4 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Brown Sugar
- 3 cups Almond Meal
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Orange juiced and zested
- 1/3 cup Caster Sugar
- 1/4 cup Water
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Place the two whole oranges (skin and all) into a saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to the boil then reduce the heat to simmer and cook with the lid on for 45 minutes or until the orange is soft to touch.
- Drain the oranges well, chop up coarsely (yes skin and all) and remove any seeds.
- Place the oranges into a food processor and puree until very smooth.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and brown sugar until pale and thick.
- Add the orange mixture, almond meal and baking powder and fold until just combined.
- Pour mixture into a round cake tin lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Pour over the orange syrup whilst the cake is still warm (leave it in the cake tin for the best result).
To make the orange syrup:
- Combine orange juice, caster sugar and water together in a saucepan.
- Cook stirring for five minutes or until the sugar is dissolved.
- Turn up the heat slightly and boil until the mixture thickens - then turn off the heat and let the syrup stand for a few minutes.
- Turn the gluten free orange and almond cake onto a plate carefully, slice and serve with double cream. Truly I think the best orange cake in the whole world!