Apple and Herb Stuffing
Stuffing is a wonderful thing. I don’t just use it to stuff a dead bird, I make it into mini muffins, serve it with reheated vegetables the next day, or stuff it into mushrooms with a little cream and Worchestershire sauce for an entree… Stuffing is versatile stuff.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- In a frypan, melt the butter until bubbling. Add the onion, grated apple and garlic and cook for 3 - 4 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Cut the bread into tiny cubes. Add the bread to the onion mix, and cook for a few minutes to absorb the butter mixture.
- Remove from the heat and place in a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- If mixture seems dry (ie it won't bind together), add a tiny bit of water.
- Push the stuffing into the turkey or chicken until full. Seal with a piece of crust and a skewer.
- Cook the bird according to the instructions.