A cake made from baked beans? Yes that’s right! You have to try this delicious Baked Bean Spice Cake!
This recipe is submitted by Rebecca who said “I tried this recipe out today as my toddler hasn’t been eating any meat and normally wouldn’t touch baked beans. It is lovely and moist and doesn’t taste like baked beans at all! “
And we totally agree!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- 420 grams Baked Beans
- 1 cup Raisins (optional)
- 3 Eggs
- 2 cups Self Raising Flour
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- Grease 8x8 inch cake pan or two loaf pans.
- Puree beans in a food processor or blender.
- Add some of the oil if needed.
- Combine beans, oil and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Beat until light - about 6 min.
- Add flour and spices to mixture.
- Add raisins, if using. Stir just until mixed.
- Pour into baking pans. Bake 45 to 50 min.