Traditional Shortbread is the melt in your mouth buttery and sweet taste sensation that I remember from when I was a kid. Try our Traditional recipe here and see what you think.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees.
- Line two round cake tins with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, mix the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla. Fold in the flours gently.
- Divide the mixture in half and press into each of the cake tins.
- Using a fork, prick the top of the mixture, and score the mixture into wedges with a knife. Sprinkle the top with 2 teaspoons sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until mixture is golden but not brown. Cool in the cake tins and slice.