Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Preheat oven to 180˚C.
- In a large bowl, add in the minced beef, bread crumbs, egg, salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley. Mix together using a spatula or by hand (for more control). Make sure to mix the minced meat well so all the ingredients are distributed evenly.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. While waiting, roll the meat mix into ping-pong sized balls.
- Once the oil is hot, place the meatballs into the pan and fry until 80% cooked. Make sure to turn so all sides are cooked evenly to a deep brown colour. Once cooked, set aside to cool and drain on a paper towel.
- Slice the baguette into the same length of two meatballs put together.
- Lay two slices of mozarella chesse on each side with the ends overlapping each other. Place two meatballs on the overlapping area and then wrap the meatballs with the cheese.
- Cut out the insides of the baguette and place the rolled meatballs and cheese inside. Do the same with the rest of the baguette slices.
- Then, slice the baguette slices into half. In a baking sheet lined by foil, place the bread/baguettes together following the original shape of the bread.
- In a bowl, pour the ingredients for the garlic butter and mix together well. Brush garlic butter over the baguette slices as much as you like. Make sure to drip some of the garlic butter in between the baguette slices.
- Wrap the baguette in foil and bake for 18 minutes. Remove from the oven and wait for 5-8 minutes before removing the foil.
- Dip in marinara if you want, but it tastes just as good without any sauce!