Crunchy Witch Fingers – tasty and terrifying!
These are soooo delicious that I’m terrified I’d eat everything and leave nothing for my kids! lol
I had fun making these biscuits as they are delicious and definitely look convincing. These frightful biscuits are guaranteed to delight the kids
and kids at heart lol in our lives!
You can also pair these Crunchy Witch Fingers with strawberry jam or chocolate dip or maybe even peanut butter! Whatever floats your boat.
I love it with chocolate spread!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Beat together the butter, vanilla extract and caster sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the plain flour, custard powder and egg and mix until the dough is combined. Lightly knead the dough and wrap in plastic wrap and place in the fridge for half an hour.
- Measure out a tablespoon of dough and roll it into the shape of a finger. Use is butter knife to imprint some knuckled etc and flatten the end for where the fingernail will go. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake for 12 - 15 minutes or until golden at 180 degrees. Let the biscuits cool on a wire rack.
- Make the chocolate icing by adding the icing sugar, cocoa and a little milk to make a thick paste. Smear a small dot of the icing on the tapered end of the finger - and press the almond on - the chocolate should very slightly show (and will look like dirty fingernails!).
- Biscuits are best made on the day they are eaten.