Many people do not know how to make custard from scratch, but it is so easy and you know that there won’t be any colouring or nasty additives. This is a very easy and simple recipe to make your own.…
Many people do not know how to make custard from scratch, but it is so easy and you know that there won’t be any colouring or nasty additives.
This is a very easy and simple recipe to make your own. Perfect to make for the kids to come home after school on a winter afternoon and have warm custard to fill their belly! Tastes better than the shop-bought and goes really well with puddings, cakes and ice creams.
More Reading: Rosie’s Moist Custard Cake
This recipe is always a fantastic ‘base’ recipe to make ice cream from scratch! Enjoy!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 2 Egg Yolks room temperature
- 2 tsp Corn Flour
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- In a jug whisk together the egg yolks, cornflour and sugar until well combined.
- In a saucepan gently heat the milk and vanilla until warm (not hot!), remove from the heat and add the milk to the egg mixture.
- Tip it back into the saucepan and whisk constantly until boiling. Take off the heat and whisk until the custard is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon (if mixture isn't thickening, gently heat again).
- Serve hot or cold. If serving cold - add a layer of plastic wrap to the surface of the custard to prevent a skin forming.
- Frugal Living
- Frugal Living