Rich, Crunchy Double Chocolate Pie is just the right dessert for when you want something fast and fancy.
time neededprep cook
rating (click to rate)
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 Butter (200g) at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp Lemon
- 80 grams Caster Sugar
- 250 grams Plain Flour
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate
- 1 Strawberry
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
For the Shortcrust Pastry
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Place salt, sugar, flour, butter and egg yolks in a mixer with a paddle attachment, mix on low speed until just combined.
- Remove from the mixer, knead lightly, flatten, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for half an hour.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and roll out to 5 cm bigger than the tart tin. Carefully place the dough over the tin and gently push the dough into the ridges of the tart tin, cut away any excess dough that hangs over the rim. Use a fork to pierce the base in multiple places.
- Place baking paper on the base of the dough and add pie weights or raw rice to prevent the dough rising.
- Drop the oven temperature to 170°C and bake for about 15 minutes or until cooked through and crisp.
- Remove the pie weights; allow to cool completely in the tin.
- Place chocolate and cream in a saucepan over low heat.
- Once the cream is warmed, stir to melt the chocolate and continue stirring until the chocolate is glossy.
- Pour into the tart shell and let it sit for about half an hour to cool slightly then refrigerate for 2 -3 hours.
- Decorate with strawberries.