This recipe for Easy Peasy Homemade Pizza Dough is best for those who are beginners at making pizza dough like me.
If you want to learn how to make pizza instead of ordering, this will come in handy. I like how this only needs 5 ingredients and your two hands (or a handy machine to make your life easier) then you’re all set! I even bet most of the ingredients can be found in your cupboard right now!
Pizza dough require several tries to perfect, but we all have to begin somewhere and we will need help. This is what I started with!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 Flour 400 grams
- 2 tsp Yeast
- 2 tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup Warm Water
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the flour, yeast and salt together. Add one ingredient and then mix and then add another one so you are sure that everything is mixed thoroughly.
- Add water gradually.
- Add olive oil, too.
- Knead by hand for 8 or 10 minutes until the dough becomes smooth.
- Knead dough gently for a 2 minutes to remove some air.
- Then, divide it in two and roll out pizza bases.
- To avoid the pizza dough from sticking, sprinkle some leftover flour on the bench before rolling the dough. You can also sprinkle polenta on the kitchen bench instead of flour if you want the base to be a bit crunchy.
If you have the handy Optimum Thermocook, you can definitely use that one and make your life a whole lot easier!
- Just add all the ingredients to the Thermocook machine in any order except for the flour - flour should be added in last.
- Make sure you tighten the lid before you choose the knead setting and let it work its magic for 5-10 minutes.
- While the machine is kneading, set the temperature of the Thermocook to 37C and leave dough in machine to rise for additional 30 minutes.