Delicious Finger Smacking Honey Soy Drumsticks
I love using chicken pieces on the bone in my cooking as they are really really cheap! I managed to get a whole kilogram of chicken legs for only $2! And they freeze well too – so when you see them on sale – buy up big.
Chicken on the bone is always much tastiest than boneless chicken – and because it is cheaper too – more people really should try including chicken pieces in their weekly menu’s.
Serve Honey Soy Drumsticks with jasmine rice, steamed vegetables or even a nice Fried Rice.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1 Whole Orange
- 1 tbsp Garlic crushed
- 12 Chicken Drumsticks
- 1/2 tsp Cornflour
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
How to Make Honey Soy Drumsticks:
- .Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Line a baking tray with baking paper and place the drumsticks on the tray - evenly spaced.
- In a bowl mix together the soy sauce, honey, orange juice and garlic. Pour the mixture over the top of the drumsticks.
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes or until the drumsticks are evenly cooked (turn a few times whilst cooking).
- Pour the marinade into a small saucepan and reduce by half.
- In a small cup dissolve the cornflour into 2 tablespoons of water, add to the marinade mixture, heat to thicken, then pour over the drumsticks when serving.