Here’s How To Make Traditional Corned Beef Silverside!
I love it because the leftovers can be used to make into corned beef fritters.
My mum swears that the only vinegar you should use when cooking corned beef is malt vinegar. No other vinegar will do! She says malt vinegar adds great flavour.
It’s cooked properly if a fork slides in with no resistance.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Malt Vinegar
- 1 1/2 Kg Silverside
- 1 Bowl Of Water, Enough To Cover The Beef
- 1 cup Malt Vinegar
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Place the corned beef in a medium-sized stockpot and cover with water. Add vinegar and bring to the boil.
- Lower heat to simmer and cook for about 3 ½ to 4 hours.
- Remove beef from water, drain, cover and rest for 15 mins then slice.
- Serve with buttery mashed potatoes and peas for an ultimate English dinner! And the leftovers are fabulous for sandwiches through the week.
- TIP: If you want to cook this beforehand firmly wrap the beef in a few layers of foil once your drain it to stop the beef from drying out, the foil will also keep it hot for about an hour.