If you’re looking for a yummy dessert that’s a cinch to make and a mouthful to eat (and to say) then this Mocha Mud Mug Cake is the treat for you. It’s literally a 5-minute mug cake, one serve only, perfect for having some ‘me time’ to yourself at the end of the night. There’s a chocolate kick we know you’re looking for, as well as the yummy flavours of coffee, to help get you through your life.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 tbsp Butter softened
- 2 1/2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 3 tbsp Plain Flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda just a pinch
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp Cocoa Powder or more to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp Instant Coffee
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 3 tbsp Water
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Essence
More Easy Recipes
Love This Recipe, Grab Jody’s BookALL-NEW RECIPES TO FEED YOUR FAMILY OF FOUR FOR ONLY $50 A WEEK
- Spray the inside of your chosen mug or grease with butter.
- Either in the mug, or in a bowl, add all of the ingredients and stir until completely combined.
- Make sure the inside rim of the mug is free from excess batter, wiping or required, and then pop in the microwave.
- Cook on high power until the cake has risen and looks moist, but not wet, on the top. Check it every 30 seconds, for 2-3 minutes. Watch carefully, as the cake becomes dry when overcooked.
- Allow to rest and cool before eating, topped with cream or ice cream.