Have you tried out the Corned Beef Pink Pie? You simply can’t go wrong with this kind of comfort food… Pastry, mashed potato, corned beef and cheese sauce (I know right!) and it is so amazing that even some of…
Have you tried out the Corned Beef Pink Pie?
You simply can’t go wrong with this kind of comfort food…
Pastry, mashed potato, corned beef and cheese sauce (I know right!) and it is so amazing that even some of the children of our office staff went back for thirds!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Vinegar (Brown)
- 1 Kg Corned Beef
- 1 tbsp Vinegar (Brown)
- 1 tsp Ground Cloves
- 6 Potatoes medium size
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1 Olive Oil Spray
- 3 Puff Pastry (sheet) (2 if using square or round tin we used a heart tin)
- 1 Egg lightly beaten to brush pastry
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 tbsp Salt And Pepper
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese grated
- 6 Sprigs Fresh Thyme, Leave Picked
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Place corned beef in slow cooker cover with water, add brown vinegar and ground cloves.
- Cook for 4 hours on high or 6-8 on low. Once corned beef is cooked, thinly slice.
TO MAKE CHEESE SAUCE
- Place butter in a small saucepan over med-low heat. Add the flour and stir constantly until the flour is cooked off but not coloured.
- Add the milk, stirring as you go. If it’s too thick add more milk a little at a time until you get desired consistency.
- Add salt, pepper, cheese and thyme and cook stirring for a couple of mins.
TO MAKE PIE:
- Peel and chop potato, add to medium saucepan cover with water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until potato are soft.
- Drain water; add milk and butter and mash.
- Preheat oven to 170°C
- Spray serving dishes or pie dish with olive oil spray.
- Line tin with pastry sheets allowing pastry to overhang.
- Start with lining the base with a layer of mashed potato, then add a layer of corned beef top with cheese sauce and repeat until all ingredients are used and tin is full.
- Fold the overhang of pastry up and bunch around the top to create a side for the pie. Brush pastry with melted butter and bake for 45-60 minutes until golden brown.