Potato and Leek Soup
Potato and Leek Soup is amazing on a cold winter’s night, serves four and very easy to make. It is an incredibly delicious and filling dish.
Make a huge batch and freeze it so you can just pull it out for a quick and easy dinner. We also have a slow cooker version too!
Allow the Potato and Leek Soup to cool to room temperature. Pour into a freezer-proof zip lock bag and 3/4 fill the bag. Freeze laying the bag on its side so it sits as flat as possible. Once frozen, stack it upright so it doesn’t take up much room. Remember to write on the bag the contents and the used by date.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 Leeks sliced into fine rings
- 1 Brown Onion finely chopped
- 2 tsp Garlic crushed
- 600 grams Potatoes peeled and chopped
- 3 cups Stock (chicken)
- 375 ml Evaporated Milk (1 tin)
More Easy Recipes
Love This Recipe, Grab Jody’s BookALL-NEW RECIPES TO FEED YOUR FAMILY OF FOUR FOR ONLY $50 A WEEK
- In a heavy based saucepan, melt butter until bubbling and add the leeks, onion and garlic.
- Cook stirring every so often for 5-10 minutes or until soft and fragrant.
- Add potatoes and cook for an extra 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and simmer uncovered until potatoes are soft.
- Using a food processor or stick blender, blend the mix until nice and smooth. Reheat and add the evaporated milk, salt and pepper and bring to the boil and serve.