How to Make Raspberry Flummery
Aeroplane Jelly, and many other people, make flummery with jelly crystals and creamy evaporated milk, which works great! I, however, picked up the wrong can in the supermarket and rather than running back to the shop I remembered reading that flummery can also be made with thickened cream. You just need a little extra cream than you do condensed milk.
Raspberry Flummery can be kept in the fridge for up to three days. Serve it piled high in individual glasses topped with some fresh raspberries.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 packet Raspberry Jelly Crystals
- 1 cup Boiling Water
- 450 millilitres Whipped Cream
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
How to Make Raspberry Flummery:
- Pour the contents of the Raspberry Jelly Crystals into a bowl.
- Pour over the boiling water and stir until all the jelly crystals are totally dissolved.
- Place the jelly in the fridge until it sets to a thick syrupy consistency (not totally set).
- Add the thickened cream and then whisk on high speed for five minutes or until the mixture is thick, glossy and doubled in volume.
- Pour into a container and keep in the fridge until ready to serve.