If you, like us, are always on the lookout for new snacks to add to lunch boxes, you should definitely put these Savoury Herb Zucchini Muffins on your list. They’re not only a delicious school snack that your kids will love, they’re a great way to pack extra veggies into any diet.
Along with their moist texture and cheesy flavour, you can mix and match different spices for a variety of different flavours and taste sensations!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a 12-pan muffin pan with paper cases, or grease.
- Sift the flour and the baking powder into a large bowl together. Add the zucchini and half of the cheese, along with the Italian herbs and salt and pepper to your taste. Mix until well combined.
- In another bowl put the eggs, milk and oil and whisk well. Then add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix until just combined. Be cautious of over mixing.
- Divide the mixture evenly in the pan you have prepared, and then sprinkle the tops of the muffins with the rest of the cheddar cheese.
- Bake for around 25 minutes, or until golden.