If you, like us, are always on the lookout for new snacks to add to lunch boxes, you should definitely put these Savoury Herb Zucchini Muffins on your list. They’re not only a delicious school snack that your kids will love,…
If you, like us, are always on the lookout for new snacks to add to lunch boxes, you should definitely put these Savoury Herb Zucchini Muffins on your list. They’re not only a delicious school snack that your kids will love, they’re a great way to pack extra veggies into any diet.
Along with their moist texture and cheesy flavour, you can mix and match different spices for a variety of different flavours and taste sensations!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 1/2 cups Plain Flour
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 cups Zucchini grated and squeezed of excess water
- 120 grams Cheddar Cheese grated
- 2 Eggs whisked
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Italian Herbs more or less to taste
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a 12-pan muffin pan with paper cases, or grease.
- Sift the flour and the baking powder into a large bowl together. Add the zucchini and half of the cheese, along with the Italian herbs and salt and pepper to your taste. Mix until well combined.
- In another bowl put the eggs, milk and oil and whisk well. Then add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix until just combined. Be cautious of over mixing.
- Divide the mixture evenly in the pan you have prepared, and then sprinkle the tops of the muffins with the rest of the cheddar cheese.
- Bake for around 25 minutes, or until golden.